IT Quality Assurance Analyst
Who we are!
Tech Knowledge Solutions (TKS), is a technology services and solutions provider based in Atlantic Canada that specializes in project management, solutions architecture and optimization, software development and quality assurance testing. With clients in the United States and Canada, TKS also provides custom software solutions and IT Right Sourcing services to support and augment existing technology departments in meeting their business needs and requirements.
Our Mission: Entrepreneurial delivery of business technology with pride.
Our Values: Pride, Lifelong Learning, Team Player, Transparency, Fun
The Software Quality Analyst applies the principles and practices of software quality assurance throughout the software development life cycle. This includes developing practices and procedures to identify problems or deficiencies in software products and preparing requirements, specifications, and test suites for software applications. The Software Quality Analyst works under limited supervision and works closely with the application development staff at times leading the work of others.
- Associate degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 5 Years of Experience in Quality Assurance Methodologies & Quality Assurance Processes
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, attention to details, and communication skills
- Bilingual (French & English)
- Automated testing experience preferred
- Experience programming C++. VB, C, JAVA preferred.
- Working knowledge of a scripting tool such as Python, shell scripting, etc.
- Testing tool experience such as Quick Test Professional, UNIX, Load Runner, Bugzilla, PVCS, HP Quality Centre, Gemini Issue Tracking Tool, or comparative tools an asset
- Expertise with testing web applications and services
- Expertise with databases with the ability to write SQL queries
- Must have the flexibility to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative environment following standard project and testing delivery methodologies.
- Recording, reporting, and tracking defects to accurately depict the status of the system.
Previous experience in all stages of application testing, including functional, usability and regression testing of web based applications
- Able to analyze and translate requirements and business design into test cases
- Responsible for the creation and execution of project test plans.
- Exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making in solving problems and meeting project and organizational objectives.
- Assisting in coordination, preparation and presenting software products and protocols to clients.
- Has demonstrated leadership and fostered a positive working environment despite tight delivery timelines and high-pressure environment.
- Aligns to company values and has a passion for their craft.