Tech Knowledge Solutions (TKS), is a technology services and solutions provider based in Moncton that specializes in project management, solutions architecture and optimization, software development and quality assurance testing.
SOME AWESOME PERKS
A Dynamic and Collaborative Work Culture
We Play Rocket League at Lunch
We are in the Heart of Downtown Moncton
Commitment to Your Career Growth & Healthy Lifestyle
THE INSIDE SCOOP
Database Systems: T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Microsoft Access
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux
Software: Microsoft Visual Studio, Telerik, TFS, SVN, Adobe Flash Builder, Microsoft Office Suite
Understanding of software development frameworks
Understanding of testing standards, Unit, Integration, System, User Acceptance
· The Solution Architect organizes the development effort. They are responsible for the vision that underlies the solution and the execution of that vision into the solution.
· The ability to create consensus and understanding around the architecture. While a development lead may need to involve a few people in their detailed design, the architecture of the application touches every member of the team and there is a need to get them to understand it and agree. Once the Solutions Architect has created the architecture it is time to communicate and sell it.
· Acts as Software Architect and Technology Consultant on selected projects and leads/coordinates assigned applications development activities. Activities include, but are not limited to, participation in requirements identification and feasibility analysis, generation of technical solutions and design, coding, testing, quality assurance, implementation and all supporting project artifacts and documentation.
· Maintains ongoing contact with project team/ program area to ensure that users' needs are being addressed through timely delivery of results in the form of services and/or information systems.
· Maintains open lines of communication between user/client groups and project teams. Interacts closely with other team members, including other stakeholder organizations, to ensure successful system development according to the detailed specifications and architectural frameworks.
· Works with assigned project team and project manager and provides leadership to other staff in the development of system designs and automated information flows/processes based on user requirements and specifications for system implementations, enhancements and/or customizations.
· As required, develops and oversees quality assurance strategies and protocols for user acceptance and implementation of new and enhanced systems/applications.
· Work closely with project team(s) and Project Manager to ensure project deliverables and projects remain on track and are delivered on time.
· Provides mentorship to the development team assigned to the projects and acts as mentor and coach to supervised staff.
· Participates in the recruitment and evaluation of TKS staff, as well as the selection of external contractors as requested from time to time.
· Develops and demonstrates a thorough understanding of TKS or Client development standards and methodologies, tools and techniques, and its underlying quality assurance principles and processes.
· Contributes to business and development policy evolution and refinement and business and process reengineering as required.
· As required, works with project teams to plan, coordinate, develop and/or deliver training to users.
· Independently adapt, interpret and apply written guidelines, precedents and standardized work practices to a variety of unprecedented and problematic situations.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, organizations and the public.
· Exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making in solving problems and meeting project and organizational objectives.
· Demonstrate skill in writing, clearly expressing ideas and facts and utilizing proper grammatical form.
· Assist in the Research & Development of new product development as required.
· Assist in the Design of new client solutions as required.
· Take part in business development and sales lead generation when requested.
· Be a Tech Knowledge Solutions ambassador within the IT and business community.
· Review and/or prepare system Documents, Designs and Specifications as required.
· Assist in, or create, estimates for software development, software testing, and any other assigned project deliverables.